I'm relatively new to mod_perl - moving to a new job who's application
is solely written in it. This is a return to Perl for me, having
worked in PHP, Java, and .NET since Perl 4. As I'm learning to love
mod_perl and Perl in general, perhaps it's a good time for me to
contribute back by writing perl/mod_perl blogs and tutorials to help
others easing in from other languages (written with a set of
assumptions). I've seen the "to-do" list, if you will, on the
mod_perl Advocacy page
(http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/.../advocacy.html) but not
sure how dated this is or what is the best to tackle.

Let me know how to get involved - it is my job security after all =).
Seriously, though, the flexibility of mod_perl is just not available
in many of the other languages and I think it's "don't know what you
don't know" sort of thing...so much work is done in the application
code when it could be solved with a few lines using mod_perl at the
httpd abstract layer. I have a blog site but if perl.apache.org
desires host tutorials and blogs, so much the better (better
discoverability).

I've also noticed the mod_perl advocacy mailing list is all but dead.
Perhaps this is the best channel to bring these issues up?

Regards,

Steve