Perfect! Great info from both...exactly what I needed. After
Torsten's response, I theorized that I could abstract that
functionality up and reveal a thin API for the creation/calling of
singleton objects within a namespace in pnotes....but that seems to
have already been done with Apache::Singleton::Request. I'm glad I
decided to ask the experts before attempting a hack myself. Thanks
guys!