I have about a dozen small cgi programs under mod_perl2 that all pretty well look like this..

use CGI;
use DBI;
use perlchartdir ; # graphing
fetch parameters
build SQL and fetch data from database
build graph image from data
send image

Under mod_perl, will the memory footprint of the libraries be shared across all of the programs that use them, or could I reduce the memory usage by merging all of the programs into one larger program (a maintenance problem, but worth while if it saves memory)?

I also use a PerlRequire startup.pl to preload most modules (CGI, DBI), but I thought that was only for quicker startup times and not for sharing memory. Is that correct?

Thanks, Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com