auto configuration - modperl

This is a discussion on auto configuration - modperl ; Hallo, I'm trying to use modperl2's feature 'auto configuration' but without success. Manual says in http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/..._Configuration that in order to add automatically new items to location is necessary adding a package called TestResponse::'packagename' that magically will be converted in a ...

  1. auto configuration

    Hallo,
    I'm trying to use modperl2's feature 'auto configuration' but without
    success.

    Manual says in

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/..._Configuration

    that in order to add automatically new items to location is necessary
    adding a package called

    TestResponse::'packagename'

    that magically will be converted in a

    /TestResponse__'packagename' entry in apache configuration

    I've tried create such package (simple renaming existing and working
    package) with name 'TestResponse::TestHandler2'
    but when i issue following command:

    my $content2 = GET_BODY(
    '/TestResponse__TestHandler2?provider=1012&uid=%
    2B12233051141&app_id=1223305114-245452&channel=channel&description=bla
    +bla+bla&debug_response=OK&service_code=acl-service2&command=book'
    );
    ok( t_cmp( $content2, '' ) );

    I've this response

    # received:
    #
    # 404 Not Found
    #
    #

    Not Found

    #

    The requested URL /TestResponse__TestHandler2 was not found on this
    server.

    #

    I think i'm failing in something but i can't understard where my error
    is, googling I'didn't found any clue.
    May some sage help me?

  2. Re: auto configuration

    Quoting valerio crini :

    > Hallo,
    > I'm trying to use modperl2's feature 'auto configuration' but without
    > success.
    >
    > Manual says in
    >
    > http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/..._Configuration
    >
    > that in order to add automatically new items to location is necessary
    > adding a package called
    >
    > TestResponse::'packagename'
    >
    > that magically will be converted in a
    >
    > /TestResponse__'packagename' entry in apache configuration
    >
    > I've tried create such package (simple renaming existing and working
    > package) with name 'TestResponse::TestHandler2'
    > but when i issue following command:
    >
    > my $content2 = GET_BODY(
    > '/TestResponse__TestHandler2?provider=1012&uid=%
    > 2B12233051141&app_id=1223305114-245452&channel=channel&description=bla
    > +bla+bla&debug_response=OK&service_code=acl-service2&command=book'
    > );
    > ok( t_cmp( $content2, '' ) );
    >
    > I've this response
    >
    > # received:
    > #
    > # 404 Not Found
    > #
    > #

    Not Found

    > #

    The requested URL /TestResponse__TestHandler2 was not found on this
    > server.

    > #
    >
    > I think i'm failing in something but i can't understard where my error
    > is, googling I'didn't found any clue.
    > May some sage help me?

    I just had a look at this stuff, and it seems like there is one big
    whole in the documentation which is how exactly Apache::Test finds the
    packages that it needs to create Location blocks for. I tried a
    couple of things (including them directly in the .t file, in a plain
    path in the t/ directory) but they didn't work.

    Perhaps Fred or Geoff, or someone else with a little more experience
    with Apache::Test can shed some light onto this feature.

    Adam

  3. Re: auto configuration

    > > I think i'm failing in something but i can't understard where my error
    > > is, googling I'didn't found any clue.
    > > May some sage help me?
    > >

    > I just had a look at this stuff, and it seems like there is one big
    > whole in the documentation which is how exactly Apache::Test finds the
    > packages that it needs to create Location blocks for. I tried a
    > couple of things (including them directly in the .t file, in a plain
    > path in the t/ directory) but they didn't work.
    >
    > Perhaps Fred or Geoff, or someone else with a little more experience
    > with Apache::Test can shed some light onto this feature.
    >
    > Adam

    You've just descripted exalty where my problem is!
    Actually I image that all the problem is where placing those packages
    that should create the "dynamic" configuration. In order i tried in:
    1) t/ directory
    2) inside the text itself
    3) in a package directory that followed package convention
    ( TestResponse::TestHandler2 i put in TestResponse/TestHandler2 path)
    4) in t/conf
    Unfortunately those weren't successful ideas ...

+ Reply to Thread