Re: Building mod_perl2 on Leopard - modperl

This is a discussion on Re: Building mod_perl2 on Leopard - modperl ; Was this ever resolved? I have tried the flags suggested, but still see upon doing a "make test" the following errors: (Have substituted [...] for my work directory path cd t; make test perl -MTest::Harness -e 'runtests(@ARGV)' version.t cookie.t params.t ...

  1. Re: Building mod_perl2 on Leopard

    Was this ever resolved? I have tried the flags suggested, but still see upon
    doing a "make test" the following errors: (Have substituted [...] for my
    work directory path

    cd t; make test
    perl -MTest::Harness -e 'runtests(@ARGV)' version.t cookie.t params.t
    parsers.t error.t util.t
    version....dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib
    Referenced from: [...]/libapreq2-2.08/library/t/.libs/version
    Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
    [...]/libapreq2-2.08/library/.libs/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong
    architecture
    /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    version....dubious

    etc.

    The command "file library/.libs/libapreq2.3.6.0.dylib" returns:

    library/.libs/libapreq2.3.6.0.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared
    library x86_64

    This is on a Leopard-based Intel Mac under OS X 10.5.5.

    Advice would be welcome!

    Hendrik Van Belleghem wrote:

    > Actually, I'm still using the default Apache2.. I did built mod_perl2 from
    > scratch. One of my fellow perl mongers installed Leopard before I did and
    > mentioned that he couldn't find mod_perl2 on it.. I just assumed that it
    > wasn't there so I rebuilt
    >
    > Any ideas about the architecture signature in the original Leopard
    > mod_perl.so? And why some seem to have an earlier built?
    >
    > Hendrik
    > On Nov 12, 2007 3:57 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
    >

    >> On Nov 10, 2007, at 8:00 PM, Hendrik Van Belleghem wrote:
    >> > To be honest, I haven't been able to get DBD::mysql compiled, nor
    >> > Apache2::Request (properly - still some strange errors in the
    >> > apache2 error log when I try to load it).
    >> > I haven't fully tested the Apache2 (or mod_perl for that matter).
    >> > I'm not building it with PHP but it does appear to come with
    >> > leopard, as does mysql.
    >> > Some threads discuss installing DBD::mysql on leopard (occasionally
    >> > suggesting older versions of the module). Should I post some build
    >> > output?

    >> I'm curious- Why have you opted for using the stock Apache2 install?
    >>
    >> By habit I always build from source and toss in /usr/local/apache2--
    >> Apple doesn't really maintain those apps after initial release.
    >>
    >> I usually install libapreq through the c configure, not perl
    >> wrapper. i've had better luck
    >>
    >> ./configure --with-expat=/usr/local/apr --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/
    >> local/apache2/bin/apxs --enable-perl-glue
    >> make
    >> make test
    >> make install
    >>

    > --
    > Hendrik Van Belleghem
    > Spine - The backbone for your website - http://spine.sf.net

  2. Re: Building mod_perl2 on Leopard

    ScienceMan wrote:
    > Was this ever resolved? I have tried the flags suggested, but still see upon
    > doing a "make test" the following errors: (Have substituted [...] for my
    > work directory path

    Couple of questions:

    1) Are you using the system perl or did you build your own?
    2) Are you using the system apache or did you build your own?

    It looks like you have your libapreq built for a different architecture
    than that of your machine.

    I would recommend building apache, perl, mod_perl, and libaqpreq from
    source. My experience with Linux based binaries has been pretty good
    but the system builds are a bit unusual on OS X - I've noticed that with
    php as well as perl on OS X.

    When I updated from Tiger to Leopard the system apache layout had
    changed significantly. Also, when the next OS X update comes out, you
    don't want it to break your application when it may use a new layout for
    apache et al.

    So my suggested installation process would be to:

    1) Install httpd from source using prefix to set it within your user's
    home directory
    2) Install perl from source, prefix also
    3) Install mod_perl from source also. Use /path/to/my/perl Makefile.PL
    /path/to/my/apxs
    4) Install libapreq from source, use --with-apache2-apxs option.

    > cd t; make test
    > perl -MTest::Harness -e 'runtests(@ARGV)' version.t cookie.t params.t
    > parsers.t error.t util.t
    > version....dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib
    > Referenced from: [...]/libapreq2-2.08/library/t/.libs/version
    > Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
    > [...]/libapreq2-2.08/library/.libs/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong
    > architecture
    > /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    > /usr/lib/libapreq2.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    > version....dubious
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > The command "file library/.libs/libapreq2.3.6.0.dylib" returns:
    >
    > library/.libs/libapreq2.3.6.0.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared
    > library x86_64
    >
    > This is on a Leopard-based Intel Mac under OS X 10.5.5.
    >
    > Advice would be welcome!
    >

    > Hendrik Van Belleghem wrote:
    >> Actually, I'm still using the default Apache2.. I did built mod_perl2 from
    >> scratch. One of my fellow perl mongers installed Leopard before I did and
    >> mentioned that he couldn't find mod_perl2 on it.. I just assumed that it
    >> wasn't there so I rebuilt
    >>
    >> Any ideas about the architecture signature in the original Leopard
    >> mod_perl.so? And why some seem to have an earlier built?
    >>
    >> Hendrik

    >>> I'm curious- Why have you opted for using the stock Apache2 install?
    >>>
    >>> By habit I always build from source and toss in /usr/local/apache2--
    >>> Apple doesn't really maintain those apps after initial release.
    >>>
    >>> I usually install libapreq through the c configure, not perl
    >>> wrapper. i've had better luck
    >>>
    >>> ./configure --with-expat=/usr/local/apr --with-apache2-apxs=/usr/
    >>> local/apache2/bin/apxs --enable-perl-glue
    >>> make
    >>> make test
    >>> make install
    >>>

    >> --
    >> Hendrik Van Belleghem
    >> Spine - The backbone for your website - http://spine.sf.net

    --
    Red Hot Penguin Consulting LLC
    mod_perl/PostgreSQL consulting and implementation

+ Reply to Thread