Problem setting POST_MAX - modperl

This is a discussion on Problem setting POST_MAX - modperl ; Hi, when I try to set POST_MAX to a higher value I get Conflicting information. I've a mod_perl / Mason app with an own hander, starting with (mod_perl2) sub handler () :method { my $class = shift; my $r = ...

  1. Problem setting POST_MAX

    Hi,

    when I try to set POST_MAX to a higher value I get

    Conflicting information.

    I've a mod_perl / Mason app with an own hander, starting with
    (mod_perl2)

    sub handler () :method {
    my $class = shift;
    my $r = shift;
    my ($app, $return);

    my $args = $ah->request_args( Apache2::Request->new($r),
    POST_MAX => 200 <<20);
    }

    I've also tried to set it via read_limit() with the same result.
    What's wrong ?

    rolf

  2. Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:37:07 +0200
    Rolf wrote:

    > when I try to set POST_MAX to a higher value I get
    >
    > Conflicting information.
    >
    > I've also tried to set it via read_limit() with the same result.
    > What's wrong ?

    The best explanation I've found is Philip's:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/apreq-de.../msg00716.html

    Basically you can lower the limit, but not raise it above the default
    or that which is specified by APREQ2_ReadLimit (scope is directory) in
    the Apache config.

  3. Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

    Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 10:46:40 schrieb Ryan Gies:
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:37:07 +0200
    >
    > Rolf wrote:
    > > when I try to set POST_MAX to a higher value I get
    > >
    > > Conflicting information.
    > >
    > > I've also tried to set it via read_limit() with the same result.
    > > What's wrong ?

    > The best explanation I've found is Philip's:
    >
    > http://www.mail-archive.com/apreq-de.../msg00716.html
    >
    > Basically you can lower the limit, but not raise it above the default
    > or that which is specified by APREQ2_ReadLimit (scope is directory) in
    > the Apache config.

    So I have to change this in the source to get a vlaue above 64M? :-(

    rolf

  4. Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:07:24 +0200
    Rolf wrote:

    > So I have to change this in the source to get a vlaue above 64M? :-(

    According to the documentation you can specify the limit in the Apache
    configuration, i.e.,

    APREQ2_ReadLimit 100M

    I have not had success setting this directive. Nor does this work:

    $r->add_config(['APREQ2_ReadLimit 100M']);

    in a PerlHeaderParserHandler. If you do have success, please let me
    know

    ----

    The Apache2::Request constructor attributes POST_MAX, MAX_BODY, and
    READ_LIMIT are all passed to the same libapreq2 method,
    apache2_read_limit_set, which, as of version 2.08, has this logic:

    if (ctx->read_limit > bytes && ctx->bytes_read < bytes) {
    ctx->read_limit = bytes;
    return APR_SUCCESS;
    }
    return APREQ_ERROR_MISMATCH;

    Where bytes is the value you specified with POST_MAX and
    APREQ_ERROR_MISMATCH is "Conflicting information".

+ Reply to Thread