Virtual Directories - modperl

This is a discussion on Virtual Directories - modperl ; Hello - This has got to be very common: I've got a list of directories: http://www.example.com/foo http://www.example.com/bar http://www.example.com/ ..... These directories don't exist in the web root but map to the real location on the file system: /var/customers/12345 /var/customers/12346 /var/customers/..... ...

  1. Virtual Directories

    Hello -

    This has got to be very common:

    I've got a list of directories:

    http://www.example.com/foo
    http://www.example.com/bar
    http://www.example.com/.....

    These directories don't exist in the web root but map to the real location
    on the file system:

    /var/customers/12345
    /var/customers/12346
    /var/customers/.....

    .... (location determined by a database/memcached lookup).

    Assuming my code can look in an existing database/memcache with the
    requested URI segment, can someone suggest the lightest/fastest ways to
    accomplish this or provide a decent link to a better discussion?

    Thanks in advance!!

  2. Re: Virtual Directories

    On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Will Fould wrote:
    > Assuming my code can look in an existing database/memcache with the
    > requested URI segment, can someone suggest the lightest/fastest ways to
    > accomplish this or provide a decent link to a better discussion?

    Some options:
    - mod_rewrite
    - PerlTransHandler
    - PerlResponseHandler that sends the actual file

    If you can use mod_rewrite, that's the lightest option.

    - Perrin

+ Reply to Thread