Re: Problems with Crypt::RIPEMD160 - modperl

This is a discussion on Re: Problems with Crypt::RIPEMD160 - modperl ; On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Jens Gassmann wrote: > we need RIPEMD160-Hashes for our mod_perl-app. The testscript attached > worked on commandline, but not with mod_perl. There it returns a wrong Hash > => 0123456789abcdeffedcba9876543210f0e1d2c3 > > ...

  1. Re: Problems with Crypt::RIPEMD160

    On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Jens Gassmann wrote:
    > we need RIPEMD160-Hashes for our mod_perl-app. The testscript attached
    > worked on commandline, but not with mod_perl. There it returns a wrong Hash
    > => 0123456789abcdeffedcba9876543210f0e1d2c3
    >
    > Whats wrong? Where could i get start to catch the error?

    You'll need to do some debugging on your code. The things that are
    most likely to be different in a persistent environment like mod_perl
    are environment variables, your current directory, the user you're
    running as (file permission problems often show up this way), CHECK
    and INIT blocks, or assumptions in the code about -M filetests.
    There's a good summary here:
    http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html

    - Perrin

  2. Re: Problems with Crypt::RIPEMD160

    Hi Perrin,

    > You'll need to do some debugging on your code. The things that are
    > most likely to be different in a persistent environment like mod_perl
    > are environment variables, your current directory, the user you're
    > running as (file permission problems often show up this way), CHECK
    > and INIT blocks, or assumptions in the code about -M filetests.
    > There's a good summary here:

    The entire code is written in c :-( only some helper subs are written in
    perl. I could only write perl ....

    regards,
    jens

  3. Re: Problems with Crypt::RIPEMD160

    On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Jens Gassmann wrote:
    > The entire code is written in c :-( only some helper subs are written in
    > perl. I could only write perl ....

    You may be able to tell what it's trying to do by using tools like
    strace. If not, I'd suggest you either contact the author of the C
    code or hire a consultant who knows C to help you with this.

    - Perrin

+ Reply to Thread