modperl static or dynamic - modperl

This is a discussion on modperl static or dynamic - modperl ; Hi list: I have installed different versions of apache in different servers, the operative system in my servers is gentoo, i have long time wanting to knowwhat is the best way of install mod_perl2, if like a install dynamic or ...

  1. modperl static or dynamic

    Hi list:

    I have installed different versions of apache in different servers, the operative system in my servers is gentoo, i have long time wanting to knowwhat is the best way of install mod_perl2, if like a install dynamic or static, what kind of advantages have each one, or which one do you recommend?, thanks.

    Atte:

    ISC Mario Ignacio Rodríguez Cortés.

    http://www.windowslive.com/messenger...r_video_072008

  2. Re: modperl static or dynamic

    These are the install documents for mp2:

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...namic_mod_perl
    http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...tatic_mod_perl

    I just think both are fine.
    For me I use dynamic install most time.

    On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Mario Rodríguez wrote:

    > Hi list:
    >
    > I have installed different versions of apache in different servers, the operative system in my servers is gentoo, i have long time wanting to know what is the best way of install mod_perl2, if like a install dynamic or static, what kind of advantages have each one, or which one do you recommend?, thanks.

  3. mp2: processing a subrequest with HTML::FillInForm

    I have a form validator PerlResponseHandler (using Data::FormValidator)
    that needs to repopulate a form upon failure. Problem is, the original
    form is not generated by the handler, but by other pages on the site.
    My thinking is that I ought to be able to do a lookup_uri and pass it a
    filter that can repopulate the html correctly, but the online docs for
    filters is failing me.

    The lookup_uri documentation says that it takes an Apache2::Filter
    object, but nowhere can I find information on how to create one of
    these. Whatever filter I build I'll need to be able to pass into it
    data specific to the parent request in order to repopulate the html form
    correctly. How do I do this?

    thanks,
    - Stephen

  4. Re: mp2: processing a subrequest with HTML::FillInForm

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Stephen Howard wrote:

    > I have a form validator PerlResponseHandler (using
    > Data::FormValidator) that needs to repopulate a form upon
    > failure. Problem is, the original form is not generated
    > by the handler, but by other pages on the site. My
    > thinking is that I ought to be able to do a lookup_uri and
    > pass it a filter that can repopulate the html correctly,
    > but the online docs for filters is failing me. The
    > lookup_uri documentation says that it takes an
    > Apache2::Filter object, but nowhere can I find information
    > on how to create one of these. Whatever filter I build
    > I'll need to be able to pass into it data specific to the
    > parent request in order to repopulate the html form
    > correctly. How do I do this?

    Have you considered fixing the "other pages on the site"?

    Pattern-matching HTML that will then be subject to change by
    other people on these "other pages" is going to drive you
    crazy. Why not just make the forms do what they're supposed
    to do?

    Mark

  5. Re: mp2: processing a subrequest with HTML::FillInForm

    Hi Mark,

    The other pages on the site are not broken. I appreciate your attempt
    to identify an underlying flaw, but that is not the case here, and I am
    aware of the vagaries of html parsing (which is why I leave it in the
    capable hands of HTML::FillInForm).

    My question is how do I create a Apache2::Filter "object" to pass into
    lookup_uri() when all the filter documentation i've seen suggests that
    filters are subroutines. I'd love to be able to just pass in a
    subroutine as the second argument to lookup_uri, but none of the
    documentation suggests that as the way to go.

    - Stephen

    Mark Hedges wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Stephen Howard wrote:
    >

    >> I have a form validator PerlResponseHandler (using
    >> Data::FormValidator) that needs to repopulate a form upon
    >> failure. Problem is, the original form is not generated
    >> by the handler, but by other pages on the site. My
    >> thinking is that I ought to be able to do a lookup_uri and
    >> pass it a filter that can repopulate the html correctly,
    >> but the online docs for filters is failing me. The
    >> lookup_uri documentation says that it takes an
    >> Apache2::Filter object, but nowhere can I find information
    >> on how to create one of these. Whatever filter I build
    >> I'll need to be able to pass into it data specific to the
    >> parent request in order to repopulate the html form
    >> correctly. How do I do this?
    >>

    > Have you considered fixing the "other pages on the site"?
    >
    > Pattern-matching HTML that will then be subject to change by
    > other people on these "other pages" is going to drive you
    > crazy. Why not just make the forms do what they're supposed
    > to do?
    >
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread