On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:23:35 -0500
"Stephen Clouse" wrote:

> My problem is that I don't even know where or how to start tracing or
> debugging such an issue to determine precisely what is scribbling on
> perl's memory. If this was a standalone app, it would be simple
> enough to run it through gdb and trace everything out, but in a
> mod_perl environment....
> Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Hey Stephen,

This definitely sounds like a problem you're going to need a
debugger to figure out. Check out this article I wrote on
debugging and profiling mod_perl applications:

You'll need to install the Apache:B module from CPAN, but
once you get it setup and running it gives you access to
the full Perl debugger.

Hope this helps!

Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
Personal : frank@wiles.org http://www.wiles.org