On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Jeff Peng wrote:
>> But I have a question, does nginx support for session-keeping?
>> A user's request, should go always to the same original backend server.
>> Otherwise the user's session will get lost.

> I would advise you not to do this. It's a non-scalable design. If
> you need to keep session data beyond what will fit in an encrypted
> cookie, you'd be better off storing it in a shared database. That
> way, if you lose one of your web servers, the session won't get lost.

I would consider using a shared memory solution to save traffic too
from the database server (consider a solution based on memcached??)...
I would be very careful about going back to a single machine for each
request - due to traffic profiles (when a user makes a request there
is a "spike" of requests from the session - all these then get handled
by one machine and not load balanced)...