mod_perl: performance tips - modperl

This is a discussion on mod_perl: performance tips - modperl ; Hi, I'm curious to know if anyone has any mod_perl-specific performance tips? I've scoured google but most of the performance tips are related specifically to perl which is good, but my application is still quite slow. I managed to work ...

  1. mod_perl: performance tips

    Hi,

    I'm curious to know if anyone has any mod_perl-specific performance tips?
    I've scoured google but most of the performance tips are related specifically to perl which is good, but my application is still quite slow.

    I managed to work out the same module in C and I got nearly 5 times the throughout (according to apache bench - ab) than perl module. I was shocked by this. C is all well and fine, but the c module is much less maintainable / portable (by me at least) compared to the perl module.

    So I'm wondering if there might be some tips / tricks that you all might be able to share.

    Thanks,

    Ty

  2. Re: mod_perl: performance tips

    On Wed, June 25, 2008 7:57 am, tyju tiui wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I'm curious to know if anyone has any mod_perl-specific performance tips?
    > I've scoured google but most of the performance tips are related
    > specifically to perl which is good, but my application is still quite
    > slow.
    >
    > I managed to work out the same module in C and I got nearly 5 times the
    > throughout (according to apache bench - ab) than perl module. I was
    > shocked by this. C is all well and fine, but the c module is much less
    > maintainable / portable (by me at least) compared to the perl module.
    >
    > So I'm wondering if there might be some tips / tricks that you all might
    > be able to share.

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Ty

    Hi Ty,

    Try here:

    http://www.modperlbook.org/

    Specifically - Part II: mod_perl Performance

  3. Re: mod_perl: performance tips

    On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Christopher Taranto
    wrote:
    > Try here:
    >
    > http://www.modperlbook.org/
    >
    > Specifically - Part II: mod_perl Performance

    Yes, read that, profile your code, and then ask for help with specific
    slow parts. There's lots of performance information in the docs on
    the mod_perl site too.

    - Perrin

  4. Re: mod_perl: performance tips

    Quoting Perrin Harkins :

    > On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Christopher Taranto
    > wrote:
    >> Try here:
    >>
    >> http://www.modperlbook.org/
    >>
    >> Specifically - Part II: mod_perl Performance

    > Yes, read that, profile your code, and then ask for help with specific
    > slow parts. There's lots of performance information in the docs on
    > the mod_perl site too.
    >
    > - Perrin

    for MP1 specific stuff, the guide has this section:

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html

    Adam

+ Reply to Thread