mod_perl caching problem - modperl

This is a discussion on mod_perl caching problem - modperl ; Hello, Before asking here, I had read a few articles in perl.apache.org about caching issue in mod_perl, but I still don't get it right with my program when I had already changed the input, it still giving me the result ...

  1. mod_perl caching problem

    Hello,

    Before asking here, I had read a few articles in perl.apache.org about
    caching issue in mod_perl, but I still don't get it right with my
    program when I had already changed the input, it still giving me the
    result of old input. I aware that the child process will only compile
    the code for once, but I had also read somewhere that it will
    recompile when it found that the file has been changed. What I want to
    achieve is the program should give me the result according to the
    input at that time.

    #this is the main entrance of my program
    use CGI qw(:standard);
    print header;

    use Qwerq::Core;
    our $qwerq = new Qwerq::Core();
    $qwerq->query("what is the population of China");

    How can I solve this problem ?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: mod_perl caching problem

    I like to add on something, I had put the pragma
    use strict;
    use warnings;

    on all modules that I had, but I didn't get the warnings of "Variable
    "$foo" will not stay shared at..." .

    What other possibility that might cause my program to cache the result
    even when the input has already changed ?

    Thanks.

  3. Re: mod_perl caching problem

    william wrote:
    > I like to add on something, I had put the pragma
    > use strict;
    > use warnings;
    >
    > on all modules that I had, but I didn't get the warnings of "Variable
    > "$foo" will not stay shared at..." .
    >
    > What other possibility that might cause my program to cache the result
    > even when the input has already changed ?

    http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/...ed_Subroutines

    --Geoff

  4. Re: mod_perl caching problem

    Thank you for the reply,

    That's one of the articles that I had read, but still I have not found
    where my code having the "my scoped variable in nested subroutines" ,
    I also aware of the nature of ModPerl::Registry would handle the code
    in its subrountine called "handle". I have used global variable "our"
    for the variables that might caused problem.

    On 6/24/08, Geoffrey Young wrote:

    > william wrote:
    >
    > > I like to add on something, I had put the pragma
    > > use strict;
    > > use warnings;
    > >
    > > on all modules that I had, but I didn't get the warnings of "Variable
    > > "$foo" will not stay shared at..." .
    > >
    > > What other possibility that might cause my program to cache the result
    > > even when the input has already changed ?
    > >

    > http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/...ed_Subroutines
    >
    > --Geoff

  5. Re: mod_perl caching problem

    On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:07 AM, william wrote:
    > Before asking here, I had read a few articles in perl.apache.org about
    > caching issue in mod_perl, but I still don't get it right with my
    > program when I had already changed the input, it still giving me the
    > result of old input.

    Are you still having trouble with this, or did you fix the problem?

    - Perrin

+ Reply to Thread