--------------040802090805020308030005

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Perl Junkie wrote:
>
>> PerlOptions ParseHeaders
>>

> I think that should be +ParseHeaders. See
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...erlSendHeader_

I did finally see that in another section. I *have* to bother thousands
of people with a question before I find it in the docs, even if I've
already looked. I have no idea why it works out that way. :-( :-)

>> (2) It took me a while to figure out that Apache::Registry has become
>> ModPerl::Registry. I saw nothing and still see nothing in the MP 2.0 docs
>> about this, what I would consider MAJOR change, and as I said, it took me a
>> while to realize what happened here... What gives? What was wrong with
>> Apache::Registry???
>>

> This is answered in the migration guide for converting from 1.x to 2.x:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...n__and_Friends

Nice.

>> I had Stas' book, which I know was written during MP 1.0, so between these
>> two things, it leaves me wondering how much more of the book is now
>> practically worthless??
>>

> The information about system architecture, performance tuning,
> debugging techniques, and general perl issues is all applicable, but
> of course the API for mod_perl 2 is different and there's no way
> around that. There is a new book by Stas and Jim Brandt about
> mod_perl 2:
> http://modperl2book.org/

I'll look into it. Thanks. Sounds invaluable.

>> I think the MP 2.0 documentation at
>> perl.apache.org leaves a lot to be desired...
>>

> Sorry to hear you don't like the documentation. If you have some
> ideas for how to improve it, send them over.

Hmmmm, seems like maybe my ability to spot the right information IN the
docs is what is leaving a lot to be desired right now. :-) Maybe I need
to just settle down and read some more first before assuming it's "not
there." Thanks!

The only suggestion so far would be to make that one section I quoted on
the ParseHeaders option a little more clearer than it is albeit it's
documented elsewhere, as you pointed out above.

What nice people here at MP... :-) Alright, I'll leave y'all alone and
do some more reading first. The migration guide seems like a good place
to start to convert all my past (way, way back in the past) remembrances
into the new MP2 reality.

-PJ

--------------040802090805020308030005

Perrin Harkins wrote: