André Warnier wrote:

> Hi. Don't take this as an expert response, but very superficially, I
> can think of one kind of circumstance where "this happens randomly but
> periodically" : if it would happen, for instance, at the first execution
> of the script by a "new" apache child, freshly started. Then as this
> same child re-executes the script multiple times, $r would always be
> defined, until that child dies and a new child initialises and executes
> the script for the first time, etc..
> Of course there must be another underlying reason why $r is undefined,
> but maybe the above can help thinking about it.

Actually, there are (at least) 2 old threads with similar intermittent
failures related to not getting $r objects correctly.

http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m...6111524789&w=2

http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m...6565622372&w=2

I personally haven't seen this sort of thing under mp2 though, just mp1,
and don't really have any real solution for it.

Adam