On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Raymond Wan wrote:
> Say you have a news site like:
>
> http://example.com/archive/news/2008/02/29/index.html
>
> A user might request that, but it wouldn't make sense to have 365
> "index.html"'s every year (ok, 366 this year :-) ). Instead, you could
> do a trick above and keep going up the hierarchy until you have a
> filename "/var/www/archive/news/" and a path_info
> "/2008/02/29/index.html".

Do you mean mod_rewrite for the trick?
yes with mod_rewrite people can rewrite:
http://example.com/archive/news/2008/02/29/index.html
to something like:
http://example.com/archive/news?obje.../29/index.html

so here /archive/news is filename and /2008/02/29/index.html is path_info,is it?
But in this case we don't need to guess the path_info from filename,
just saying $r->param() can get the arguments,

Thanks.