Michael Peters wrote:
> Colin Wetherbee wrote:
>
>> Basically, I'd like to run the 'mapserv' binary from within mod_perl

> Why? Don't you just want to sanitize the data? If so you can do that in a
> FixUpHandler or even in a separate handler that does an internal_redirect to the
> mapserv's url.

I tried your suggestion, but, in my PerlFixUpHandler, I get the
following error.

Global $r object is not available. Set:\n\tPerlOptions
+GlobalRequest\nin httpd.conf

I need $r in order to do cookie and URL processing.

I've tried both with the $r that gets passed into handler and the $r
from Apache2::RequestUtil->request.

Is there any way around this short of setting +GlobalRequest? I believe
I've read before that there's a performance hit if +GlobalRequest is set.

Thanks.

Colin