Hello Torsten,

I have tested your rewrite syntax like below:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} deflate
RewriteRule ^/unzip/(.*) /gziped/$1 [PT,L]

Sorry it can't work.

Also I checked apache's official document for mod_rewrite:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

It says the rewriting conditions on http headers include only:

HTTP headers:
--------------------------
HTTP_USER_AGENT
HTTP_REFERER
HTTP_COOKIE
HTTP_FORWARDED
HTTP_HOST
HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION
HTTP_ACCEPT

So as I've said, you can't rewrite the request based on
Accept-Encoding header.Is it?
Thanks.