--------------000804080602040302040203

Roberto C. S=E1nchez wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:52:30AM +0000, John ORourke wrote:
> =20
>> Mine start at around 60MB, jump to 80MB when my app is initialised, an=

d=20
>> can peak at 120MB during their lifetime. For reference I tried making=

=20
>> the tiniest possible one with everything stripped out, and that was=20
>> still 40MB - is this normal?
>> =20

> Your question does not contain enough information. What is your basis
> the 60MB, 80MB, 120MB, etc, numbers?
> =20

Might be showing off my lack of unix admin knowledge here but using=20
'top', it's the value of the 'virt' column - ie. the biggest possible=20
process size if the whole thing was resident. I've been using it to=20
work out how many clients I should limit apache to, but looking at it=20
the 'res' figure never seems to get anywhere near the 'virt' figure. =20
Time to rewrite my assumptions I think!

John