I just re-installed a Windows XP Pro SP2 station from scratch after a
virus infection.
I installed Apache 2.2.8, Activeperl and mod_perl 2.0.3 from
I cannot start Apache as a Service, crashes with the following message
in Windows log (it's in German, but you get the drift) :

Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung httpd.exe, Version, fehlgeschlagenes
Modul msvcrt.dll, Version 7.0.2600.2180, Fehleradresse 0x00036fa3.

I can however start the same Apache in a command window, using "httpd -e
debug -w", it starts fine and answers requests.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

Is my combination of versions above wrong ?