my
experiences
with
CGI::Session
have
been
good.

--
That's excellent news - its probably operator error.

1. First problem is that refreshing the screen often (not always) results in a new session being generated:
With these failures, I can see the browser session in the filesystem, its not expired, but it is not picked up with load().

2. Other one is that I see new session ID's in the browser but not always on the server (filesystem):

Am using CGI.pm's function-oriented style so I don't have a CGI object. The 4.10 doc for CGI::Session 4.10 shows saving params without an object, but when I try I get an error indicating the first arg has to be an object. So, am using the following:

my $session = CGI::Session->load(undef, undef, {Directory=>'/tmp/sessions'});

if ( $session->is_expired ) {
print "is_expired.
";
$errmsg = "Your session expired. Please refresh your browser to re-start your session";
}
if ( $session->is_empty ) {
print "is_empty.
";
$session = $session->new(undef, undef, {Directory=>'/tmp/sessions'});
$session->expire('+15m');
$session->param('Auth', 'N');
$session->save_param(undef,['Auth']);
}

Also, the 4.10 doc writes:
$session = new CGI::Session(undef, undef, {Directory=>'../tmp/sessions'});

I've tried "../tmp/sessions" and "/tmp/sessions". Have never seen anything in "../tmp/sessions" (relative to "/cgi-bin" or DOC ROOT) but I do see sessions (sometimes) appear in "/tmp/sessions". Happen to know if the syntax is relative (../), or absolute (/)? Note that both of these errors were seen in 4.x. Never got the 3.95 to save an object, but just read that it needs a flush().

Thanks much.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsea...egory=shopping