--0-632855894-1201773809=:24581

The request object is used in handlers. You can either write handlers or CGI scripts. Continue using CGI but inorder to reap the benifits of mod-perl, you will need to run it under ModPerl::Registry.

In your CGI script, while running under ModPerl::Registry., you even have access to the request object. If, at main::, you have my $r = shift;, then you will get the object.

I hope this helps.

-Ants

Mag Gam wrote: Hi All,

I am bit confused. While reading the mod_perl book, I noticed they are using Apache::Request versus CGI for form data handling. Why is that? Is it recommended to use Apache over CGI? Any advantages? I am using CGI because its a standard module.

TIA

Disclaimer: Technically, I'm always wrong!!

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.