Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Alx G wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use Apache:Prof with my Perl web app. I can't work out
>> what
>> I'm doing wrong - it should be working but it isn't (how many times have
>> we
>> all said that to ourselves eh?).
>>
>> I've run out of options to try now, I hope someone can help me please.

> try Devel::Profiler:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Devel-Profiler/
>
> you might want to try the svn sources, since it's been a while since
> there has been a release
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/devel-profiler/
>
> --Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I gave Devel::Profiler and Devel::Profiler::Apache a go -
neither of those seemed to want to generate any kind of output at all (the
'profiler' directory is in the right place and writable). I ran apache in
the normal prefork mode and the -X (no children) option. I stopped the
server after testing the scripts to check for the tmon.out files.

I also tried Dprof and Devel both before and after loading mod_perl in the
conf, with and without DB->init, same result in each case, i.e. it didn't
work.

To recap, so far I have Dprof that runs and generates some tmon.out files
with no application calls in them. I also have Devel, which generates
nothing at all.