Using the debian-stable-provided version of mod_perl, I've got an app that's
working fine however the way it was configured meant we were causing an
early load of perl during the configuration phase of apache. I fixed the
apache config so that mod_perl was loaded post-config then started getting
the error:

Can't locate object method "server_name" via package "Apache2::ServerRec"

Simply adding an empty block into the config makes it go away
again, but obviously triggers the early load of perl.

So is this behaviour a bug or something that I've missed in the

(I've fixed my problem for now by loading the module in the