--------------enig2FB04F49856534AC22A2A6D2

ectoplasm.org> said:
> >> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod....31-rc1.tar.gz

>=20
> > The apache Configure on my box sets my LIBEXT to "a" which is indee=

> > what I always wanted to have. So the rules for "so" were correct as=

> > they were written and I do not know if they ever were invoked. The
> > result of the 1.31 build is that the httpsd in the end is only 0.5 =

MB
> > instead of 1.7 MB and it doesn't start either.

>=20
> Sorry, I forgot this interesting make error message:
>=20
> Makefile:141: warning: overriding commands for target `libperl.a'
> Makefile:136: warning: ignoring old commands for target `libperl.a'
>=20
> This is the content of the Makefile (maybe something is off by one,
> but the point is that LIBEXT=3Da leads to a duplicate rule and the wron=

> rule wins.
>=20
> 135 libperl.a: $(MP_OBJS)
> 136 $(MP_RM) $@
> 137 $(MP_AR) crv $@ $(MP_OBJS)
> 138 $(MP_RANLIB) $@
> 139=20
> 140 libperl.$(LIBEXT): $(MP_OBJS_PIC)
> 141 $(MP_RM) $@
> 142 $(MP_LD) $(MP_LDFLAGS_SHLIB) -o $@ $(MP_OBJS_PIC) $(MP_=

LIBS)
> 143

And that means trouble indeed. Could be caused by a different version of
ExtUtils::MakeMaker...

The funny thing is that it builds just fine for me.

Oh, are you trying to build mod_perl statically ?

--=20
Philippe M. Chiasson GPG: F9BFE0C2480E7680 1AE53631CB32A107 88C3A5A5
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ m/gozer\@(apache|cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/