------=_Part_4888_30797011.1198436806858

Thanks Perrin -- I tried this again and this worked but only after I changed
from modperl to perl-script (which took a bit of time to figure out).

So, I wanted to conform to 'SetHandler modperl' for both style, consistent
access to apache internals, and for optimizing general performance. I
viewed this as one of our last steps to achieving better MP compliance.

Specifically, In mod_perl 2.0 Server Configuration, I noticed the statement
"with the modperl handler, you can gain even more performance."

Can someone say where and relatively how much benefit can be derived by
going that extra mile? I know some if it has to to with populating $ENV and
other details. For me, it will require some but maybe not much
re-factoring.

Anyway, if someone has at least a good link to this detail or summary, that
would be excellent and very much appreciated!

Thanks again.