--------------enigA73BA18ADAC80BCBBD577EF7

Fred Moyer wrote:
> Peter Valdemar M=C3=B8rch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Dmitry Karasik dmitry-at-karasik.eu.org wrote:
>>> mod_perl during the initialization process closes file descriptor 0,
>>> and frees it for further reuse in other processes. Therefore, any cg=

i=20
>>> script
>>> executing after mod_perl is initialized, and in the same process tree=

,=20
>>> will
>>> have file descriptor 0 closed. The concrete example where this=20
>>> behavior leads
>>> to impossibility of processing POST requests is reported earlier and =

>>> is located
>>> at
>>>
>>> http://marc.info/?l=3Dapache-modperl...50730646&w=3D2

>> Dmitry's patch from Sep 25, 2007=20
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../modperl/94912 has still =

>> not been applied to SVN. May I humbly ask that this patch is applied?

>=20
> I remember that Toersten and I put together a unit test for this but I =

> don't think there was any change in behavior with this patch, so I'm no=

t=20
> sure if anyone was able to demonstrate that it changed the behavior.

It certainly breaks t/modperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] Filehandle STDOUT reopened as STDIN only for i=
nput at t/response/TestModperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds.pm line 49.\n

> If you have the tuits and could track down that unit test, show that it=

=20
> exercises the problem in question, we probably wouldn't need much else =

> to apply this patch. I'd try to do this but am overextended on my tuit=

s=20
> right now.

Yup, without a test case that correctly demonstrates the bug, and a patch=

that doesn't break existing tests, not very likely to get applied.

--=20
Philippe M. Chiasson GPG: F9BFE0C2480E7680 1AE53631CB32A107 88C3A5A5
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/ m/gozer\@(apache|cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/