--------------050306000507070809050501

lists user wrote:
> On 11/22/07, Ben van Staveren wrote:
>
>> You can time how long it takes for someone to download the movie,
>> which isn't equal to the time it takes them to view it.
>>

> Yes I just need the download time.How can I get it? use which handler
> and which function? thank you again.

You can get this from the Apache logs by using a custom log format - see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod...g.html#formats

I find it useful to log that as an integer no. of seconds using %T, and
also the connection close status with %X - this lets you tell if they
aborted the download part way through. You may also like to check bytes
sent if not already using %O.

cheers
John

--------------050306000507070809050501