On Nov 21, 2007 12:19 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> You need to pass $q to your sub every time. You can't just access it
> directly from the enclosing scope.

Thanks for the pointer. I'm reading Section 6.2 of the Practical
mod_perl book now and I see what's going on. And I now have PerlWarn
on (though it's still not warning me about that problem for some
reason).

Second question: Is it a bug in mod_perl if referencing an old
Apache2::RequestRec object segfaults the server? I'd expect to get
incorrect/unpredictable behavior and perhaps error messages in the
error_log, but not an invalid memory access.

In any case, I won't (intentionally) do that again. Thanks.

-David

--
David Eisner http://cradle.brokenglass.com