Apologies for the self-follow-up.

On 10/21/07, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I'm porting an Apache 1.3/mod_perl application to Apache2/mod_perl2.
> "make test" fails with
>
> Can't locate object method "request" via package "Apache2::RequestUtil" at ...


I discovered that I'd missed a case where the app was using an unusual
check for whether it was (not) running in a mod_perl environment.
Once I fixed that to correctly check for (the absence of) mod_perl2,
the code in "make test" stopped referencing
Apache2::RequestUtil->request, and all tests now pass.

I'm still curious whether there is another (better) way to write those tests.