On Oct 17, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Mark Maunder wrote:

> So I'm sticking with prefork. Also, my requests average around 2937
> B/request which means they're serviced very quickly even for slow
> clients, so I think I can get away without implementing a proxy
> accelerator for now, but something I'll keep reevaluating.

Even with only HTTP headers in the response you can easily get 5-10
times as many busy "proxy threads" as "backend threads".

With for example perlbal[1] you can also cheaply get Keep-Alive
support between both the client and the proxy and between the proxy
and the backend server without using extra backend processes.

[1] http://www.danga.com/perlbal/

- ask