On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:01:28 +0200
"Ali ISIK" wrote:

> Hi there, folks -- is the use of PAR with mp2
> recommended in production? We are considering
> distribution options for an mp2 application, including
> vmware and rPath, which can be rather expensive,
> depending on your targeted market segment. Is there
> any consensus on this issue, any "standard"
> recommendation among the wise/experienced mp
> developers and admins? How have you, for instance,
> distributed your last application and how do you rate
> the experience?

I've been thinking about using PAR, ( specifically Apache::PAR )
for distributing applications for awhile. However, I just noticed
that the current version on CPAN doesn't support MP2. It wouldn't
be difficult to patch however, looks like it hasn't been updated
since the big mp2 API change.

What I have always done is package my applications as if they
are CPAN modules using ExtUtils::MakeMaker or in more recent
days Module::Build. Never had a problem with it, but it probably
isn't suited to distributing apps to novice users.

Frank Wiles
http://www.wiles.org