I've been maintaining one of the all-in-one
binary packages for Win32 that contains Perl, Apache,
plus related modules, for some time:
Since starting this, though, the standard ActivePerl and
Apache Win32 distributions have evolved significantly
in terms of features, ease of installation, etc., and I'm
wondering now if there might be a better model for
the all-in-one package. In particular, what I'm thinking
of is making up some mega ppm package (to be
installed with an existing ActivePerl and Apache
installation) containing web-based Perl modules (mod_perl,
libapreq2, HTML::Mason, Apache::ASP, etc.), plus some
some sample pages and Apache configuration directives,
which could be installed locally. This would be a
lot smaller to maintain than an all-in-one
distribution, and thus could be updated more frequently.
What I'm wondering is, is there something significant
missing from such a mega ppm package that would be
useful to include? Any thoughts on this, or other ideas
on any other aspect, would be appreciated - thanks!

best regards,
Randy Kobes