Sorry for not being clear. Let me try again.

I want to configure my server such that each process (httpd) which
services requests can consume only a set portion of CPU or memory. I
am using pure mod_perl... no cgi, no ssi, and i don't fork any process.

The docs appear to say that RLimitCPU will not apply to httpd
processes, only the CGI processes (which, i believe, the httpd
process fork/execs).

will RLimitCPU limit the CPU consumption of httpd processes even if
they do not fork CGI procs?

dave