Thanks for the answers folks... I must've been having a blonde moment,
I'm sure I knew that somewhere.

Skipping the directory walk is one of the reasons I'm using a
MapToStorage handler - no need for all that disk access - but I'm also
using it to map /content/some/path onto /content//some/path,
so I wanted to enable/disable it in .

I can tell my custom config to write config values into the server config.

cheers
John