This worked.

Thanks,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Perrin Harkins [mailtoerrin@elem.com]=20
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:39 PM
To: Steve Duran
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: how do I get the request IP?

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 12:05 -0600, Steve Duran wrote:

> I would like to get the IP address of the request, so I've tried the
> following:
> =20
> my $c =3D $r->connection();
> my $ipAddr =3D $c->remote_ip();
> =20
> I get the following error:
> =20
> Can't locate object method "remote_ip" via package=20
> "Apache2::Connection"
> =20
> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

use Apache2::Connection;

That's probably all you need.

The docs for Apache2::Connection can be found in your distribution or on
CPAN here: http://search.cpan.org/dist/mod_perl/

- Perrin
************************************************** ***********************=
*************************
CONFIDENTALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may =
contain confidential and=20
privileged information protected from disclosure by law. It is intended o=
nly for the use of the specified=20
recipients. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or an=
y action based on this material is=20
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the se=
nder by reply e-mail and destroy all=20
copies of the original message.