> If the blog content is generated dynamically Im assuming its content
is stored
> in a database somewhere. Why not write ssi inc to fetch the data
> and output it.=20

Aaron, you are quite correct that the content is in a database, which is
managed by the blog's content management system. The content that I'd
like to include is a blog comment thread associated with an article (the
static HTML file on the website). The function used by the blog CMS to
display a comment thread already exists and is several hundred lines
long. So rewriting this for the SSI doesn't seem to be that efficient to
me, though I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

Chris