=20
> I could understand the ignoring the SIGHUP that "restart" sends, if
> something in your code was ignoring signals. The safe
> signals stuff in
> perl 5.8+ can be an issue there. I can't understand ignoring kill
> signals though. =20

well, meanwhile I found out:

kill -HUP=20

works fine. However, "apachectl restart" which is the same
as "httpd -k restart" does not.

> Have you tried running it through strace, to
> make sure
> it is sending the signals?

no , not yet.

=20
> So if you send the kill yourself, it does stop? And what do
> you mean by
> "won't start up again"? What happens when you try?

yes. It does stop and vanishes completely from "ps ax".
If I then try to fire it up again with either "httpd -k start"
or "apachectl start" NOTHING happens. It just hangs.

--=20

Mit freundlichem Gru=DF

Henrik Steffen
Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
Damit wir Ihnen bestm=F6glichen Service bieten k=F6nnen, senden
Sie Ihre E-Mail-Anfragen bitte an support@topconcepts.de
http://www.topconcepts.de Tel. +49 1805 9977 501*
mail: steffen@topconcepts.de Fax. +49 1805 9977 502*
SMS Versand ab 9.9 Cent: http://sms-gw.topconcepts.de
Handelsregister: AG Tostedt HRB 100687 - UstId: DE 213645563
*) EUR 0,12/Min. (CNS24)

openBC - We're Networking People
www.openbc.com/hp/Henrik_Steffen/