On Oct 2, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Vladimir S. Tikhonjuk wrote:

> my $database_connect = DBI->connect(
> 'dbi:Pg:dbname=$database;host=$host,
> $user,
> $password
> ) || die "Can't connect to database: ".$DBI::errstr;
>
> As I understand, I may write a handler, which would have such
> code,
> and then use pnotes to export $database_connect variable to other
> handlers.
> Could anyone give me any example of such tasks ?

if you are using apache::dbi, you can just repeatedly call connect--
apache::dbi will catch the connect and just toss you back the
existing connection

===
but storing pnotes is just

handler 1
$r->pnotes( 'database_connect'=> $database_connect );

handler 2
my $database_connect = $r->pnotes('database_connect');