Erik Norgaard wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Erik Norgaard wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I have successfully created a module that declares some configuration
>>> parameters which should be available to the handler: dbDriver,
>>> dbHost, dbName, dbUser and dbPassword. Or so I think, I followed this
>>> guide:
>>>
>>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html

>> This section of it doesn't answer that for you ?
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user...ack_Subroutine
>>

>> The simple answer is try it

> The yet simpler ? Well, what confuses me is the merging example in
> the end of the text. Anyway, the text you refer to tells how I can get
> global/serverwide parameters, but I don't see any mention of whether or
> not parameters defined for a different virtual host is possible. I
> prefer not for security.

I believe you can get to anything:

If a request is made to a resource inside a virtual host, $srv_cfg will contain the object of the virtual host's server.
my $srv_cfg = Apache2::Module::get_config('MyApache2::MyParamete rs', $s);

To reach the main server's configuration object use:
use Apache2::Module ();
use Apache2::ServerRec ();
use Apache2::ServerUtil ();
if ($s->is_virtual) {
my $base_srv_cfg = Apache2::Module::get_config('MyApache2::MyParamete rs',
Apache2::ServerUtil->server);
print $base_srv_cfg->{name};
}

However, I think you can still get to anything you want:

my $tree = Apache2:irective::conftree();

by traversing this far enough down. (see t/response/TestApache/conftree.pm)

1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

When I call your name, Girl, it starts to flame
Burning in my heart, Tearing it all apart..
No matter how I try My love I cannot hide....