On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:51:37 -0400
Garrison Hoffman wrote:

> Michael Peters wrote:
>
> >> SetEnv
> >> LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/verisign/payflowpro/linux/perl/lib

> > I don't think LD_LIBRARY_PATH can be set from within Apache. It's
> > one of those weird environment variables that can only be set from
> > the parent process (security). So in whatever script you use to
> > start/stop apache put it in there.

> I have tried both ways. In Apache $ENV{'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'} has the
> right path, while on the command line, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set at
> all, so I was disinclined to pursue it; you got me thinking, though,
> and copying libpfpro.so to /usr/lib seems to work. Maybe this is
> preferable to setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Another option would have been to add /usr/local/versign/blah/blah
to /etc/ld.so.conf and running ldconfig. This is the "master"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH config, so to speak, which you add/edit via
the environment variable.

But moving it to /usr/lib is a decent solution, personally I would
symlink it so if/when you need to upgrade you don't have to remember
this fix.

Frank Wiles
http://www.wiles.org