------=_Part_39923_27365914.1159238008457
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Fred, below is sample configuration used


SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Hello
PerlSetVar somevar 50


Regarding your below question, the answer is yes
>>Are you
>>saying that in 2.0 PerlSetVar works properly for you in ,
>>but not ?


Please let me know if I am overlooking or missing anything, I am not able to
read the "somevar" from the handler in apache 2

Thanks



On 9/22/06, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 1:51 pm, sajid khan wrote:
> > I asked the below question in apache user group as well, but with no
> > answers
> >
> > We have 2 location directives, one for all the requests (
> > ...
) and one for specific url
> >
. We declare some variables using PerlSetVar inside
> > those and read from the perl scripts.
> >
> > In Apache 1.3 , I am able to read the variable(decl using PerlSetVar )
> > inside , however in Apache 2.0, I am not able to
> > read the variable. Has the Location directive usage changed in apache
> > 2.0 ?, Any help is appreciated

>
> What version of modperl and perl are you using, and what OS are you
> using? IIRC the location directive usage has not changed. Are you
> saying that in 2.0 PerlSetVar works properly for you in ,
> but not ? If you could submit a snippet of your conf
> that would help in resolving you issue.
>


------=_Part_39923_27365914.1159238008457
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Fred, below is sample configuration used

<Location /someurl>
SetHandler perl-script

PerlHandler Apache::Hello
PerlSetVar   somevar 50

</Location>


Regarding your below question, the answer is yes
>>Are you
>>saying that in 2.0 PerlSetVar works properly for you in <Location />,
>>but not <Location /someurl>? 


Please let me know if I am overlooking or missing anything, I am not able to read the "somevar" from the handler in apache 2

Thanks



On 9/22/06,
Fred Moyer
<fred@taperfriendlymusic.org> wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 1:51 pm, sajid khan wrote:
> I asked the below question in apache user group as well, but with no
> answers
>
> We have 2 location directives, one for all the requests (<Location />

> ... </Location>) and one for specific url <Location /someurl>
> </Location /someurl>. We declare some variables using PerlSetVar inside
> those and read from the perl scripts.
>

> In Apache 1.3 , I am able to read the variable(decl using PerlSetVar )
> inside <Location /someurl>, however in Apache 2.0, I am not able to
> read the variable. Has the Location directive usage changed in apache

> 2.0 ?, Any help is appreciated

What version of modperl and perl are you using, and what OS are you
using?  IIRC the location directive usage has not changed.  Are you
saying that in 2.0 PerlSetVar works properly for you in <Location />,

but not <Location /someurl>?  If you could submit a snippet of your conf
that would help in resolving you issue.



------=_Part_39923_27365914.1159238008457--