On Saturday 23 September 2006 11:41, Will Fould wrote:

> Thank Philip -- That helps! But both virtual hosts run their own
> installation of the same scripts (hence, same package names). The
> installation loads it's configuration for those scripts located at $myvar
> (a simple package with variables). Until recently, installations were
> always on separate servers.
>
> I thought that packages loaded from different locations, (but with the same
> name), would not conflict. Silly me.
>
> Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do without running separate
> servers for each host?

Actually looking at your original question, it looks like it should work as
long as you are calling $r->dir_config('FOO') on each request. Doing it as a
global within the module wont work (you'll just get whatever the first access
gives you).

I do almost the same thing with a small server I run - the db access
parameters are in the config file (local security isn't an issue) and the
application pulls the correct accessors depending on which virtual host is
accessed.