On Aug 16, 2006, at 7:48 AM, Frank Maas wrote:

> Which one? The first, the latter or both?

any tie.

my $options= $self->ApacheSessionOptions->{ $store };
tie %session , 'Apache::Session::Postgres', $sessionID, $options ;

my %options= $self->ApacheSessionOptions->{ $store };
tie %session , 'Apache::Session::Postgres', $sessionID, \%$options ;

my %options;
while( my($key, $val) = each(%{$self->ApacheSessionOptions->
{ $store }}) ) {
$options{$key}= $val;
}
tie %session , 'Apache::Session::Postgres', $sessionID, \%options ;

tie %session , 'Apache::Session::Postgres', $sessionID, {
'UserName'=> $options->{'UserName'} ,
'Password'=> $options->{'Password'} ,
'DataSource'=> $options->{'Datasource'} ,
'Commit'=> $options->{'Commit'} ,
};

what doesnt create a loss
tie %session , 'Apache::Session::Postgres', $sessionID, %{$options};

however that creates a 'strict refs' error within the whatever
package is causing the error ( i tried encapsulating the code in a no
strict refs block, but it must be reinstated elsewhere.

On Aug 16, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> That makes me suspicious because it's really unusual to see a loss on
> EVERY request. Perl allocates memory in chunks rather than grabbing
> exactly what it needs, which means it doesn't grow every time a
> variable
> grows. Usually you would have to hit a process repeatedly with ab or
> something to see that it's continuously growing.

its losing 4k/request running on ab
its losing slightly less than 4k every request when i hit it manually
( 4k sometimes, 4k ever 2 items some other times),