> I think understanding what you are actually going to do in the SSI =20
> would help
> somewhat - is this dynamic content based on per user - or just =20
> navigation on
> the website depending on the section you are in?

This is for primarily static web sites which are managed by a CMS. The
CMS publishes out pages which would contain HTML + various bits of code
to generate possibly navigation and semi-interactive bits of the page.
(Imagine a list of the users currently logged into the site or a
database query on the 5 products most relevant to the current page, for
example.)

For any serious application dev, we'd probably reach for an MVC
framework... CGI::Application/HTML::Template, for example.

TTYL,

-Jesse-

--
=20