On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 19:48 -0400, Jesse Erlbaum wrote:
> It seems to be the framework of choice, nowadays, for Perl-based server
> page systems (i.e., PHP, JSP, ASP -- any system which puts code in
> pages). By the look of it, Mason seems like it has more life than
> EmbPerl. Is that correct? Are there any other leading Perl-based *SP
> systems I should consider?

>From what I've seen on various mailing lists and at conferences, you're

correct: Mason is the most popular solution for in-line Perl these days.

Depending on what you want to use it for, you might also consider just
using Template Toolkit with the in-line perl option enabled. The choice
is whether you want a full-featured web development framework (Mason) or
just templates with in-line perl to fit into an existing application.
Text::Template is fine too for stripped-down use but Template Toolkit
handles more of the housekeeping for you, like caching the compiled
templates.

Or... you could write your own! It would be like the others except
lighter and faster! And you could put it on CPAN!

- Perrin