On 15 Aug 2006, at 21:28, Perrin Harkins wrote:

>>> That doesn't sound very big to me.

>> Really?

> Yeah, that's really not surprising. And you can still run a lot of
> those on a 1GB machine.
>
>> I was under impression that with proper memory management, you could
>> have MP servers down to around 3-6 MBs (at least the modperlbook and
>> docs suggest that )

> I don't think I've ever seen a real app that small.

Just as a reference I run a big site which has processes which start
at about 30 MBs
but over tens of thousands of request do grow, I decided it was
better to spend the time
doing more coding than days of tracking down small memory leaks (good
to test for
large ones obviously).

So in our startup.pl we use SizeLimit:

use Apache::SizeLimit;
$Apache::SizeLimit::MAX_PROCESS_SIZE = 55000;

Hope that helps

Leo