On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 16:20 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> >> My children are pegged at 6-13MB of private memory, on top of
> >> 80mb ?!? of parent memory

> > That doesn't sound very big to me.

> Really?

Yeah, that's really not surprising. And you can still run a lot of
those on a 1GB machine.

> I was under impression that with proper memory management, you could
> have MP servers down to around 3-6 MBs (at least the modperlbook and
> docs suggest that )

I don't think I've ever seen a real app that small.

> i thought unshare on read should only happen if you're accessing a
> string as a number of vice versa.

Sure, I'm just saying that all kinds of little things make pages
unshared and it's hard to predict.

> I have a slight grow , about 10k per request.

If that happens even when you just send the same request every time to
the same process, there's something extra going on, like a variable not
going out of scope or being added to each time.

- Perrin