On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 15:24 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's something in httpd / mod_perl that will
> let me dump and analyze the memory in the child (and possibly the
> parent)?

Linux::Smaps, if you're on Linux.

> My children are pegged at 6-13MB of private memory, on top of
> 80mb ?!? of parent memory

That doesn't sound very big to me.

> I'm trying to figure out what in the hell isn't sharing, or causing
> the growth.

Lots of things won't be shared. Just reading a variable can unshare the
RAM page it's stored in. It should not be growing on every hit though.
If you run one process and hit it with ab doing the same request over
and over and it keeps growing, you have a code problem.

- Perrin