Does anyone know if there's something in httpd / mod_perl that will
let me dump and analyze the memory in the child (and possibly the
parent)?

My children are pegged at 6-13MB of private memory, on top of
80mb ?!? of parent memory

I'm trying to figure out what in the hell isn't sharing, or causing
the growth. Everything in my modules is ' use strict', OOP and tons
of caching before forking. i've been able to test that the cached
data (which is only like 400k) is indeed staying shared using
Apache::Peek

I haven't found anything in CPAN, and none of the stuff in Perlguts
looks like it could handle this.